The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the New Zealand Pandemic Business Response Pulse Survey 9 Results which consider pay equity and where to focus your budget for salary increases.
The survey was conducted between 27 July and 30 July. There were 163 validated responses and of this sample, 80 were from the Private Sector, 39 from the Public Sector, and 44 from the Not for Profit Sector.
Some key findings include:
- Overall, the vast majority of organisations (93%) are not setting aside a separate budget to address pay inequity and this was seen across all sectors
- Public sector organisations were more likely to set aside a separate budget then other sectors (18%)
- Overall, 49% organisations were not reviewing certain areas to address pay inequity
- For those organisations that were addressing pay inequity, 46% were reviewing base salary levels
- A combined 5% are reviewing variable pay and benefits