To Evaluate or not to Evaluate?
What is Job Evaluation?
Job Evaluation is a systematic process for establishing the relative sizes of jobs by comparing jobs or job content on the basis of common criteria. It is:
- A comparative process
- A structured and analytical process, applied to data collected for this purpose
- A systematic approach to assessing the relative worth of each job through the application of judgement
- A job-centred, not person-centred approach
Job Evaluation, or Job Sizing, enables organisations to understand internal relativities and compare similar sized jobs to external market rates, even where jobs may be unique or rare in a particular sector or industry. Job Evaluation works well in organisations where there is a need for greater rigour and transparency to their process of setting remuneration and is essential to underpin grading or banding models.
How Strategic Pay can assist:
We have a number of different approaches when it comes to assessing the relative internal size of jobs in your organisation. This makes our offering the most flexible in the market meaning we can tailor our solution to your exact needs.
Our Job Evaluation methodologies include:
- SP10 > our ten factor job evaluation methodology
- SP5 > our proprietary five factor job evaluation methodology
- JOBWISE > our job mapping framework designed around career pathways