Written by Eleanor Cowley on May 12th, 2020.
The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the New Zealand Remuneration Report March 2020.
This report contains detailed data from 197,132 individual employees from a total of 544 participating organisations; 352 from the private sector, 176 from the public sector and 16 not for profit organisations. This is an increase of 20,342 employees from the March 2019 report. It contains comprehensive remuneration information by Job Size (Grades and SP10 points) as well as by analysis of sector, region and function.
Some insights found in the report include:
- 58% of employees are reported as belonging to KiwiSaver
- 14% of employees belong to a superannuation scheme
- 79% of organisations have a remuneration band or pay scale
- Engineering / Technical jobs pay on average 10% higher than the total sample
- Finance jobs pay on average 5% higher than the total sample
- Top executives received a bonus of 22% of base salary on average