Remuneration Survey Report: 2021 New Zealand CEO and Senior Executive Remuneration Report is now published!
Written by Susan Earle on September 9th, 2021
The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the 2021 New Zealand CEO and Senior Executive Remuneration Report.
This report is designed for Boards, CEOs and Senior HR practitioners requiring accurate data on remuneration and benefits for Chief Executives and Senior Executives across the New Zealand market.
Some insights found in the report include:
- 21% of chief executives in this year’s survey have been identified as female, continuing the upwards trend seen since 2018
- 85% of organisations offer some form of short term incentives (STI) other than commission or bonus to their CEO
- 84% of public and 99% of private sector organisations offer some form of STI other than commission or bonus to their Senior Executives
- The average age of a Senior Executive in the private sector is 49 years, a reduction compared to the average age of 50 years in 2020.
- 26% of chief executives were paid a bonus, at an average 33% of their base salary
- 16% of senior executives were paid a bonus at an average 13% of their base salary