Written by Lindie Beukes on October 9th, 2020
The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the 2020 New Zealand Museum Sector Report!
The published survey contains comprehensive remuneration information by Job Size (Grades and SP10 points) and by Benchmark Job analysis for 34 key benchmarks in the following functional areas:
- Museum Roles
- Facilities Support
- Marketing / Events
*Hospitality benchmark job pages have been provided from Strategic Pay’s New Zealand Benchmark Remuneration Report 2020.
Some insights found in the report include:
- Voluntary turnover of employees in participating organisations has decreased from 14.1% last year to 12.1% this year
- 71% of staff receive KiwiSaver employer contributions
- 38% percent of organisations expect to have a reduced salary budget available during the year ahead
- Half of these organisations plan to reduce staff numbers, the other half plan to reduce staff hours.
- All organisations offer some form of work / life balance option to their staff up from 85% organisations in 2019
- 22% of organisations reported having a recruitment freeze due to COVID-19
- Tenure is highest in the Management job function, with an average tenure of around 10 years