Written by Natasha Stone on May 18th, 2020.
The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the New Zealand Pandemic Business Response Pulse Survey 6 Results which revisit some of our earlier questions in the lockdown around redundancies, recruitment and annual salary increases etc.
The survey was conducted between 11 and 14 May. There were 171 validated responses and of this sample, 80 were from the Private Sector, 43 from the Public Sector, and 48 from the NFP Sector.
Some key findings include:
- Overall 42% of responding organisations have cited that they are putting a recruitment freeze in place due to Covid-19, compared to 59% reported in the first week of Level 4 Lockdown (2 April)
- Some organisations noted that they will still hire essential and important roles despite a 'recruitment freeze'
- 29% of responding Public Sector organisations indicated they have cancelled increases for 2020, compared to 4% reported in the first week of Level 4 Lockdown (2 April)
- 24% of responding Private sector organisations indicated they share information with staff as it comes to hand
- 16% of responding Public sector organisations indicated they share information at this level
- 18% of responding organisations are considering redundancies, compared to 16% during Level 4 Lockdown
- 64% of respondents have no plans to reduce board fees
- 25% of organisations have already reduced Board Fees by 20% due to Covid-19