The Market Information team is pleased to announce the publication of the 2020 Director’s Fees Remuneration Report.
This report covers the results of a survey of current trends and practices relating to the payment of directors’ fees within New Zealand private and public organisations. This is the twenty-eighth Directors’ Fees Survey conducted by Strategic Pay Limited. The 2020 report draws on detailed remuneration data for 2,533 directorships representing 401 organisations.
Some insights found in the report include:
- Chairs have a median expected effort of 150 hours per annum
- Directors have a median expected effort of 98 hours per annum
- 49% of boards review fees annually
- 96% of boards have an audit committee
- The typical board consists of 1 chair and 5 nonexecutive directors
- 10 is the average number of board meetings per year
- The majority of boards (67%) felt they should increase focus on strategic planning
- The remuneration committee meet an average of 3 times per year and has an average of 3 members